Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Bon Bon (Lolly) Wreath...x





And so I have decided to try and make Christmas as cheesy as possible. Many of my friends dislike christmas immensely. For all it's corporate swagger and it's sweaty, fat man with a beard, I can see why so many people are so bah-hum bug.  For me, I do like an excuse to make, bake, eat and shake. It doesn't take much for me to get my dance on, admittedly.
This Christmas, I have been making gifts for my friends including a dinosaur clutch bag, strawberry gin and I'm crocheting a blanket.
My lovely bestie made this awesome street art for me out the front of my house so that I can look at it and be happy when I am on my way to work at stupid hours of the morning. She also gave me a seed sprouter. So amazing. I'll be in Melbourne with her on Wednesday watching Morrissey. YES!
Love her to bits.


When I was a kid, I used to make these Lolly Wreaths each year and take them to school. On the last day of school, the teacher would take the wreath off of the wall, cut the lollies it and hand them out to each and every student. It was always an exciting moment. It meant that school was over and summertime and christmas cheer was on the way.

Here is how to make one. Take it to school, work or your family. It looks beautiful on the wall.
It's great the get the kids involved in, too.


You will need:

  • Green cellophane.
  • Red cellophane.
  • Gold plastic ribbon.
  • About 4 packets of vegan lollies.
  • One wire coat hanger.
Method:

Take the coat hanger and shape it into a circle.

Cut the cellophane into squares, about 15 x 15 cm.

Place the lolly in the centre and gather the cellophane around it. 

Wrap the gold plastic ribbon around it once and tie. Now tie it to the coat hanger. Run the blade of a pair of scissors along the ribbon so it goes curly. Repeat over and over until the coat hanger is full of lollies. Bend the top of the coat hanger around so that it makes a round. 




Hang the darn thing on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment