Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cannellini Bean Pasta Sauce with Olives, Capers and a hell of a lot of Garlic. xx


It's 4:51 AM. I have spent tonight drawing, watching episodes of Luxury Comedy and New Girl and cooking this pasta sauce. Although it is really delicious even if I do say so myself, where is the fricken greenery? That is one problem with being between night shifts. There is no where to buy lettuce at 3 AM. This pasta sauce is made of a bunch of things I had laying around. The capers were a bargain 75 cents for a giant jar and the beans I buy in bulk, so all in all this is quite a frivolous meal. You can eat the beans with out the pasta but hey, I love carbs. 

Time: 10 minutes prep. 30 minutes if cooked in a pressure cooker, 20 minutes on the stove top, 4 hours on high if cooked in a slow cooker. 
Serves:6-8.

Ingredients: 
  • One onion, chopped.
  • 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
  • One capsicum, sliced.
  • Half a cup of olives.
  • One quarter of a cup of capers. 
  • Three cups of dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight in water and drained.
  • Quarter of a cup of olive oil.
  • Half a cup of tomato paste.
  • Four cups of water. 
  • One pinch of salt.
  • One pinch of pepper.
Method:

Place all of the ingredients in a pot/ pressure cooker/ slow cooker. 
If using a pot on the stove top, bring to the boil and let simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
If using a pressure cooker, place the lid on and bring to pressure. Reduce heat and continue cooking for half an hour. Reduce the pressure and the sauce should be ready.
If using a slow cooker, place all of the ingredients in the cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.

Good night, fancy world.
Sweet dreams xx

2 comments:

  1. I want someone to make this for me right now! :)
    Ok, I guess I'll make it myself then (given my mouth is watering). Looks really tasty.
    Some finely chopped kale from my garden will add plenty of greenery, me thinks.
    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have kale growing but it always gets eaten by the little bugs. Do you have any hints and tips to stop the little things getting their before I do? :)

    ReplyDelete