Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Oat milk. It makes me wonder why I ever bought anything in a carton.



If you know me, you probably think I'm a hippy.

I like to make everything from scratch. I shop local and I like to ensure that I create as little waste as possible. So here is a basic recipe for oat milk, which is the cheapest and easiest milk I have yet to make. I don't drink coffee or eat cereal, so I'm not sure how the flavour will work in that regard. However, oat milk is astounding in smoothies, sauces and cakes.

Time: 4 Minutes.
Makes: 1 Cup.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Tablespoons of rolled oats.
  • 1 Cup of water.
Method:

Place these ingredients into a blender and blend for two minutes. Strain through a nut milk bag or some muslin cloth. 

If you wanna get really fancy, you can add some vanilla or a sweetener. But I like it plain just fine. 

8 comments:

  1. So, is rice milk just the same? Do I cook the rice? Or just plain rice, whizz it up and then drain it? Oat milk gives me runny poo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made rice milk, to be honest, Mary. I'm pretty sure you have to cook it first. I'll look into it and let you know. How are you? Are you still in beautiful NZ?

      Delete
  2. Oat Milk!!! I never heard of it before, but I must try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like oat milk! Thanks for sharing this Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.


    Also visit my blog tassimo coffee maker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Oat Milk Sally. Sooooo simple, and versatile.
    I love that there's none of the faffing about soaking or cooking the oats, unlike rice or soy milk.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete