Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Marinated Mushrooms for the win!


I'm always on the lookout for delicious salad ideas, especially now that we are hitting the hot South Aussie Summer. I wanted something a little different and a very delicious. I have had sushi with these mushrooms in their guts and I must say I love that sushi more than I love the tempura pumpkin sushi. That is saying something. I've had to stop myself from eating these out of the container.

So, what have you been up to? I feel like every time I answer that question the only answer I have is "Oh, you know. Working." I've been up to so much more than that though. I've been organising exhibitions, deejaying and having super happy fun times with my mates. We have a group exhibition opening tomorrow at Suzie Wong's Room at six if you're in town.

Makes: About a cup of sliced 'shrooms.
Time: Five minutes prep and at least half an hour to marinate.

Ingredients:

  • 8 Button Mushrooms, sliced.
  • 2 Tablespoons of tamari or soy sauce or bragg's.
  • The juice of 1 lemon.
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced.

Method:

Slice the mushrooms. Place the other ingredients in a container and mix together. Add the mushrooms and place in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.

Use these babies on top of delicious salads, in sandwiches, wraps or sushi.

4 comments:

  1. I really wanted to be the first to comment, but I really hate mushrooms. If you weren't thousands of miles away, I would get you to eat every mushroom that ever landed on my plate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will gladly eat all of your mushrooms... as long as you eat all my spinach ;) Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Ooh ,I love marnated mushrooms and yes they are fab in sushi. Good luck with the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete