Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

No Bake (Yes, that means Raw) Apricot Bars.


I love apricots... And macadamias... And I don't really know what else to write about at this particular moment. It's 02:44 in the morning and I have just eaten this Apricot bar. I do like to make a raw treat for my night shift lunches. This helps me avoid the machine that delivers me potato chip goodness in tiny foil packages in exchange for $1.80.

Time: 10 minutes.
Serves: 8.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of macadamias.
  • 1 cup of dried apricots.
  • 1 and a half cups of shredded coconut, plus two tablespoons.
  • Two tablespoons of lemon juice.
  • One teaspoon of lemon zest.
  • Two tablespoons of water.
Method:

Place the macadamias and apricots in a food processor and process on high until they become small crumbs.
Add the other ingredients (except the two tablespoons of coconut) and mix until it all clumps together, scrapping the sides as need be.
Take the ingredients from the food processor.
Line a small baking tray or container (I'm talking 10 cm by about 20 cm. I think that is 4 inches by 8 inches) with baking paper.
Place the mixture in the tray on top of the baking paper and press it down into a slice.
Sprinkle a little coconut over the top and pop in the fridge for a minimum of an hour, preferably overnight.
Slice into bars or squares and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Sheer simplicity. I'm going to make these for the family and try some myself. Fingers crossed the macadamias don't dislike me.
    I almost want to lick the photo, ha! :)
    Thanks Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks Nina! That's so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete