Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Big Time Breakfast Smoothie

There are just some days when I can't bring myself to eat anything as soon as I wake up. I'd prefer something of the liquid variety. Now, I'm not a big cereal fan, or a big milk fan but for some reason if I mix the two together with some fruit and other tasty things, I feel like I've done something quite special for my body. This smoothy is a general go-to of mine but really, you can add anything. I often substitute the peanut butter for mixed berries and that is to die for!

Time: Really not a whole lot. Maybe five minutes. It's a lot quicker than making juice, that's for sure. Although I do love juice!
Serves: 1.

What you need:
  • One cup of your favourite milk. I used oat today as I had it left over from yesterdays pancakes.
  • One ripe banana, chopped or torn into pieces.
  • Four dried apricots.
  • One tablespoon of oats.
  • One teaspoon of carob powder.
  • A pinch of black sesame seeds.
  • A pich of chia seeds.
  • A tablespoon of all natural peanut butter.
Mix in your favourite blender and enjoy. It can come out a bit thick. If so, add some water or more milk and blend a little more.

There are some really great combinations out there. Here is one from Tea and Sympatico. I love her photo.
Enjoy xx


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I'm liking the sound of peanut butter in a smoothie, will have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! I'm a big fan of the banana/ peanut butter combination- especially on toast. Yummo! :)

    ReplyDelete