Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sexy Garlic and Olive Focaccia.



Delicious! Freaking awesome! After a month away, I have come home poor. I looked in the cupboard to find everything I needed to make this delicious foccacia as well as Spaghetti Bolognese. So good. I can't believe it. Things you can do when you have no cash and a cupboard full of random things.


My trip away was amazing, by the way. We spent a few days in London which was so interesting. We then went to the Glastonbury festival which was an experience in and of itself. I've never seen so much mud! It was like being a little kid again. After a few drinks I was making some crazy matrix moves to stay standing in the mud. I only fell on my knees once. We then went to Cardiff in Wales and then went camping around the south west coast. It was just so beautiful. We saw St Govan's Chapel which was built in the 1500's into the side of a cliff. Phenomenal.
Chard was the next place on the list. Beautiful little town with super lovely people. From here, we went to Glasgow, the home of my grandfather. I saw where he grew up and wandered around the beautiful streets and art galleries. We then ventured to Stirling, where after climbing an incredibly tall flight of spiral stairs, I ended up getting vertigo on the top of the building.
Paris was just so beautiful and so... French. The history of the city is beautiful and astounding. All I could imagine was people in beautiful gowns walking around the town.
Then back to London and Wales to spend time with friends. There was so much more I wanted to do and see, but we just couldn't cram it all in. There is always next time.

Now, back to the focaccia.

Time: 10 Minutes prep time, 30 minutes to rise and 30 minutes cooking time.
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups of plain flour.
  • 1 and a half cups of lukewarm water.
  • 1 T of yeast.
  • 2 pinches of salt.
  • 1 T minced garlic.
  • 5 olives, sliced.
  • 3 T olive oil.
Method:

In a bowl, add the water and the yeast. Add one pinch of salt and the flour and mix together. Leave to rise for half an hour.
Once risen, dust a bench top with flour and shape into a flat circle using a rolling pin. Make sure that the focaccia is about 2 cm/ an inch thick.
Using a fork, prick holes into the top of the focaccia, all across the face of it so that the garlic and oil will seep into the top. You don't want these holes too deep.
Spread the garlic over the top and then spread the olives on as well.
Drizzle the oil on top so that it covers the whole thing.
Sprinkle with salt.
Place baking paper on a tray and put the focaccia on top of this.
Place in an oven at 240C/ 450F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm or cold. 

Yum! xx 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad the trip went well. My grandma was from Glasgow and I went for the first time last year and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! it was phenomenal. So much I didn't get to see which is a little sad but we're planning a trip next year so I'll certainly head to Manchester then! Glasgow is pretty special. I loved all of wales, too. :)

    ReplyDelete