Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vegan Raw Energy Bars



These are not only quick and easy to make but also a quick and easy snack for when you're on the go or need a little treat or pick me up. Plus, you've body will love you for it!
I take these to work for snacks or sometimes even have them for breakfast.

Time: 10 minutes.
Makes 12.

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of pitted dates that have been soaked in water.
  • One cup of raw nuts.
  • One cup of dried apricots.
  • One quarter of a cup of dried cranberries.
  • One quarter a cup of dried pineapple.
  • One tablespoon of black sesame seeds.
  • One tablespoon of chia seeds.
  • Half a cup of shredded coconut.
Method:

Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until it's quite chopped up.
Eventually, you should be able to easily form it into small bars.
Turn off the blender and take out a ball just a little bigger than a golf ball.
Shape into a bar size and place into a container big enough to store all 12.
Keep in the fridge or freezer. They store really well in the freezer. Enjoy xx

7 comments:

  1. These look lovely. A great, healthy treat for afternoon tea.
    How do you think they would turn out if the raw nuts where replaced with sunflower seeds? I ask because I don't do nuts (they don't like me). It would be nice if I didn't have to miss out.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would work a treat! Sunflower seeds are so tasty and full of goodness. Have a play. It's kinda like the bliss balls. As long as you can form the shape, it doesn't matter what's in them. I sometimes also add carob or cocoa and a dash of vanilla essence. Have fun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I love sunflower seeds. They work well as a walnut replacement in brownies and I figure that whilst the nutrient makeup is different, at least they are still full of good stuff. :)
    Excellent suggestions (I'll at them into my recipe printout). Thanks!
    Think I'll make some today. If they look any good I'll post a photo on your Vegan kitten facebook page.
    Cheers Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Can't wait to see them! I reckon they'll be fab. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only yummy but healthy too , too good to be true :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look great and ive been meaning to make clif bar type things for a while now, so I WILL be making these this week to pack for our trip to savannah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you like them! The best part is that you can change the ingredients to whatever you like... And they are just so much cheaper than buying bars in a store, :) xx

    ReplyDelete