Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

It’s Fringe Time in The City!

It’s the most marvellous time of the year. The city is alight with buzz and creativity. Festivals abound and everywhere you go, there is colour and happiness.

One thing that is a must-see this time of the year in Adelaide is a place in the parklands at the end of Rundle Street called the Garden of Unearthly Delights. It’s a magical place full of small theatres, roving performers, food, and markets. It’s a fabulous place to spend an evening with your mates having a few drinks. It’s even family friendly during the day, with shows for kids.

The Garden of Unearthly Delights

Every year, I wait in anticipation to go to one of my favourite places to eat- Scallywags Veggie Galley. They sell a burger- the Seitan Burger  to be exact- that is so delicious and succulent, I make a bee-line every single year to buy one.

Scallywags Veggie Galley

The burgers are really good value for money- they’re huge! So full of salad, too. I really never feel unsatisfied.

If I’m honest, I’ve already eaten two this year.

What makes this place even better is the staff. They are so nice and welcoming and caring. They treat everyone that visits as a friend, even if you’ve never met them before.

I for one, will always support good people doing good things, because that is what we need more of in the world.

from the show "Glittery Clittery"
If you get an opportunity, supporting Fringe artists by seeing their shows not only benefits them- but you. I've managed to see a couple of ripper shows this year- sadly not as many as I'd like to.

I love the Adelaide Fringe.
Gingerzilla



2 comments:

  1. The Veggie Galley came to Darwin a couple of years ago for 1 wet season, OMG the best food ever. You lucky thing! Yum!!! God I miss Adelaide. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is it!? That's so awesome. I hope you're doing really great! So good to hear from you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete